So my roommate Meredith is totally awesome, and she blogs, too. Check her out at "Sincerely, Me." I have no tech savvy whatsoever, and I don't know how to hyperlink, but she commented on my last post so go click on her name. Yeah, old school, I know. Get over it. Anyway, one of her friends gave her this cool blog activity to do, and Meredith tagged me to do it. She actually tagged me to do it a month and a half ago. I fail at blogging. Haha. First, I have to put down eleven facts about myself. Then, I answer the questions she left for me. Here goes!
1) I'm currently obsessed with Hugh Jackman. I plan to at some point own an Australian Shepherd, and I will name it Hugh. After Hugh Jackman and not Hugh Greenwood. I understand this is a common misconception and thought I'd clear that up.
2) I've been ripped off by a gladiator outside the Colosseum.
3) I know a lot about Paris hospitals...
4) I hate the sound of people eating. Even myself. This is all Abby's fault because she smacks her bagels and has done so ever since I can remember.
5) I don't like cats. I chase the feral cats around my house down the driveway and yell at them.
6) I laugh to the point of crying on pretty close to a weekly basis.
7) I've read 26 books since the beginning of August.
8) I flare my nostrils when I'm annoyed.
9) I always sing in my car.
10) I love to dance, but I have zero rhythm, and thus, I am a terrible dancer.
11) Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Emperor's New Groove, Mulan, and The Princess Bride are integral parts of my daily conversations.
1. If you have a smart phone, what is your favorite thing about it and why?
GAMES. Sudoku, Bejeweled Blitz, and 4 Pics 1 Word are some of my favorites. Also, Siri is fun to mess with sometimes.
2. What was/is your favorite thing about school?
LEARNING. I love school. I love that feeling when all of a sudden something makes sense. Or the epiphany when I'm writing a paper, and I make an awesome connection. Or sitting in the library between shelves pouring through books for a research project. I love learning random facts and thinking to myself, "If I'm ever on Jeopardy, I'm gonna smoke my competition!"
3. If your life had a sound track, what would be your theme song?
"In Christ Alone." I cry almost every time I sing this song. "And as He stands in victory, Sin's curse has lost its grip on me. For I am His and He is mine, Bought with the precious blood of Christ." Amen. Thank You, Jesus.
4. Favorite TV show and why.
Blue Bloods. See every other post I've ever written. Haha.
5. Pet peeves?
People who can't merge on the highway. For real? Get off the road. Oh, and the ignorance of the Lobo student section during basketball games. Stop cursing, sober up, and learn the rules of the game. Also, when my contacts get small rips in them after like two days of being used. Seriously, Acuvue? COME ON. And the sound of dripping water.
6. What was your favorite memory of 2012?
Yikes! Just one?? 2012 was a wild year. I traveled to China, Abby almost died in Paris, and I lived in Rome for 6 weeks. But overall best memory would probably have to be June 16, 2012: the day Abby and I spent in Valencia, Spain. It was paradise. Also, rereading this, it looks like I'm saying Abby almost dying was one of my favorite memories. That is false, people! I just added it to truly round out the 2012 experience.
7. Anything exciting coming in 2013?
Life is exciting in general, isn't it?? But I'm going to California for Spring Break to look at grad schools, I'm doing Summer Staff at Lost Canyon, and I'm going to see ONE DIRECTION IN LA IN AUGUST.
8. If you randomly got the afternoon off, what would you do with the free time?
Realistically, sleep. Or watch Fight Club because I've had it from Netflix for like a month now. Oops.
9. Crunchy or creamy peanut butter?
ALWAYS creamy. I have very strong opinions about which food items can contain crunchy nuts and which can't.
10. The reader in me has to ask: What's your favorite book/author/series?
Ummm. I don't know how to answer this. Favorite author: J.R.R. Tolkien. Favorite series: Harry Potter. Favorite book(s)? Ella Enchanted. The Kite Runner. Jane Eyre. Among others...I'm sorry. Asking an English major for ONE favorite book is like asking a parent to choose their favorite child, haha.
11. How do you find contentment in your day to day life?
Simple. Jesus and the blessings He gives me. My life is abundant because of Him.