Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Wedding

I have a new sister! Please welcome Kathryn as the newest member of the Worland clan!  It still surprises me that anyone would want to marry Phil (haha just kidding), but if anyone is up for the job, it's definitely Kathryn. She's amazing, and she was the most beautiful bride I've ever seen. Abby and I had the honor of being two of her bridesmaids, and it was such a fun experience. All of Kathryn's other bridesmaids were so kind and friendly - I felt like I'd known them for a lot longer than three days! The wedding took place about twenty minutes away from the town Kathryn grew up in, so a lot of wedding activities took place at Kathryn's parents' home. Dr. and Mrs. Hartford are incredible people.  They are so generous and fun, and I so appreciate how they have really made Phil a part of their great family, as well as Abby, my parents, and I, too!  I don't think I can ever rant enough about how great Kathryn and the Hartfords are, but that will do for now :)

Phil and Kathryn included 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 in their ceremony and verses 4-8 are some of my favorite verses in the Bible.  "Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  Love never fails."  How beautiful is that?  And even better, 1 John 4:8 tells us that GOD is love. So God possesses all of those characteristics; He is the perfect embodiment of them all.  God never fails, and He keeps no record of wrongs. Amazing. Simply mind-blowing.

It was weird to think about this weekend, as Abby, Mom, and I sat around getting our hair done, that the next time someone in our immediate family gets married it'll be Abby or me.  Preferably Abby.  Haha. I'm already planning a pee-your-pants-laughing then cry-your-eyes-out maid-of-honor speech!

Wedding: check - my brother is married to a wonderful woman. Next thing on the list:  Young Life camp at Lost Canyon!!!! So excited! Can't wait to see what God has in store for this next week.  Hope everyone is enjoying the wonderful beginnings of summer as much as I am.  Love these lyrics from a Bob Marley song: "Sun is shining. Weather is sweet. Make you wanna move your dancing feet." Savor this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment